Saturday, August 08, 2009

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree

I really feel for my teenage girls right now. This is a very emotional time in their lives. As I watch the drama unfold on a daily basis with their friends and family, I wish that I could hit the pause button and give them 5 minutes of quiet and peace. Quiet and peace is so much different than peace and quiet. I believe that you have to have some quiet in your life to experience peace.

Peace. Calm. Happiness. Serenity. These are what I wish for my girls right now as they work through their emotional days as a teenager. I tell them all the time, but I want them to remember that I love them very much and I will always be here to cry with them, listen to them, and give gentle advice when needed.

I pray that God will continue to protect my children and show them His love.

Here are my beautiful girls....

Jalen

Courtney

Allie

Kaela

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh, Angie, sweetie. I would not be a teenager again for anything. It's SO hard! Your sweet girls are so lucky to have you to help them through it.... LOVE YOU!

Melissa Nesbitt said...

I agree with you momma! You are such a strong woman, and i know that you will always do your best to be there for your family and love and support them 100%. You have even done so much for me. After my dad died, you and bill welcomed me into your home with open arms, always there for me whenever i needed a hug or someone to talk to. You are such a big part of my life and i never ever want to lose you! I want you to know that you are not only loved by your family, but by the many people outside of your family who love you so much. Remember i love you and will always be here for you, supporting you and loving you, just like you did with me. :)
<3 missy

janna said...

I love your title and it is so true!

Being a teenager now is awful but with a wonderful mom like you your kids are blessed!

HUGS